What Work Injuries are You Covered For?

It is a well-known fact that an injured worker is protected by the Workers’ Compensation Act of WA, but what injuries are you really covered for if you are injured on the job?

The Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 includes definitions that appear to be quite specific, however, there is room for interpretation. Here are the rules and a quick explanation for each one.

What Work Injuries are You Covered For?

The “course of employment” and “employer‘s instructions” are both open to wide interpretation here.

This covers industrial diseases caused by chronic exposure to chemicals, gases and dangerous substances such as asbestos.

This is open to very wide interpretation.

This is another clause open to wide interpretation, especially if you have a workers compensation and common law lawyer on your side.

Protect Yourself

There are several other aspects to the Act, but the bottom line is that you have plenty of protection and there is plenty of room for interpretation. There doesn’t have to have been a specific incident at your place of employment for you to file a workers compensation claim.

If you think you may be eligible for compensation, call Bradford Legal workers compensation lawyers immediately. If you don’t have anyone representing your interests, your claim is more likely to be turned down or you will be offered less compensation. If you have been physically or psychologically harmed by your job, you deserve to be compensated.

To get the compensation you deserve, call 1300 738 303.

Recent News
div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://www.bradfordlegal.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/new1c3.jpg);background-size: cover;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: no-repeat;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 400px;}
START YOUR CLAIM Step One To Receiving The Compensation You Deserve